Botox/Dysport Post Care
Botox: Botox results start to show around 7 days, and your results will be in after 2 weeks. Clinically, Botox lasts 3-4 months.
Right after Treatment:
- Don’t touch, rub or massage treated surface area for 2 days.
- Arnica and/or bromelain can help lessen immediate inflammation
- Some redness may occur post treatment
- Brusing does happen and may last up to 1 week in length.
- Avoid excessive alcohol intake the day of your injection.
24 Hours after Treatment:
- If forehead area is treated, refrain from the use of hats, headbands, sweatbands.
- No hot tubs, steam rooms, saunas, tanning beds, working out for 24 hours.
- No vigorous washing, scrubbing or rubbing of treatment area.This includes facials, massages, Clarisonic face brushes, facial waxing, exfoliating scrubs etc.
- No facials or massages for 2 weeks post treatment.
Filler Post Care:
Results are seen immediately with dermal fillers; however best results are seen 2-4 weeks after injections. This is because swelling, bruising and the dermal filler gel itself needs time to settle and heal. Most fillers last 9-12months. However, some can last for up to 2 years. You will need to do touch ups to keep the filler looking its best.
We do NOT recommend flying on an aircraft after any filler treatment for the first 48 hours.
Immediately post treatment:
- No makeup for 6 hours
- No working out for 24-48 hours including yoga.
- Ice frequently for short periods of time.
- Ice may be applied GENTLY for swelling and tenderness. Do not keep ice on any one area for more than 10 minutes.
- Sleeping on your back with your head elevated on a few pillows will help with swelling.
- Using Arnica may help your bruises heal quicker.
- Benadryl or Tylenol may be used as needed for itching/swelling/tenderness. Please follow the manufacturer’s directions for use.
Avoid for 2 weeks:
- No rubbing or massaging of the area (Unless otherwise instructed by your nurse).
- Avoid getting a massage, facial, facial waxing, laser treatments.
- Avoid extreme cold or heat such as tanning beds, hot tubs, steam rooms, saunas etc.
Kybella Post Care
- Have ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) and Zyrtec (an antihistamine) available at home for discomfort and itching that may result from the procedure.
- After your treatment, you should expect swelling, bruising, and redness. You may also experience pain, numbness, and induration. This will normally last less than 5 days, and for some patients may last up to 14 days. If the symptoms continue beyond 10 days or if other reactions occur, please contact the office
- You may elect to ice the area post treatment but must do so very carefully. Use an ice pack with the fabric side against the skin, or wrap a soft plastic ice pack in a wet thin towel. Apply the ice pack approximately 15 seconds on, and 15 seconds off. Icing too vigorously can cause frostbite and scarring. You may apply a cold compress to the area for 20 minutes per hour, and you may do this hourly for up to 3 days.
- Do not participate in strenuous activity for 3 days following treatment
- Sleep with your head elevated on at least 2 and preferably 3 pillows.
- Do not scratch, pick or traumatize the area in any way. Do not massage or manipulate the injection site.
- You may apply your normal skin care regimen and sunscreen normally.
- Call the office if you have any difficulty swallowing, crusting or scabbing, asymmetry of your smile or any other unusual symptoms.